Thursday, November 22, 2012

Schoolism course with Bobby Chiu: Digital painting Lesson 2

This is my coloring job of the Bobby Chiu's "The Stand", I diverted from his color scheme to make it my own. I mean I do believe in copying his methods, but deciding on colors is just as important. I think I did an ok job, but I really left the assignment until too late. Maybe I wouldn't have done more, but I always like to go back to my work the next day to make final changes..so didn't get a chance to do that this time.

I've got to say though, if I didn't follow the video there would be no way for me to figure out his working methods. I'm not saying you can't achieve the result in any other way, but I wouldn't have come up with his method by looking at his paintings. So very pleased with the course so far! The first two weeks we covered things I thought I already knew, but I learned lots of new things!



EDIT: Got my feedback today, and really happy with a 5/5 from Bobby :P
Really glad he took the time to answer some of my questions I sent him in my assignment feedback. Motivated to work on my next assignment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment