Tuesday, September 17, 2013

STUDY #2: Seven Samurai - Akira Kurosawa

I decided to go about these studies a bit differently..because I am not a painter, and neither do I have any ambition to be one. So I decided to do line drawings of the movies I study in my own style, and then paint the value study or color study underneath that layer. Copying work otherwise is just boring and I'd be giving it up soon enough.

So I picked 2 shots of the first half of the movie, both character based:

#1: There is great despair in the village, but Kikuchiyo (Toshiro Mifune) managed to get the entire village in a laugh. I love his character a lot, but I chose thos shot because the laughs seemed to genuine and seeing these old ladies crack up really put a smile on my face:

#2: The farmers in general make me laugh, they are cowardly, weak, whiny excuses of men. This shot they really looked like a dog that has done something wrong and they know it...Anyway, on to part 2! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment