Saturday, September 20, 2014

STUDY: One Piece

The deadline for the monthly drawing I need to do for this forum (penciljack) is getting close! The topic is One Piece (the anime), so I've been watching some episodes these last few days..I gotta say...skipping past the early bunch of episodes ( I jumped to episode 83 or so), I'm really getting into this show and its' crazy and weird characters.

Check out some of the dynamic angles in the show...that middle panel there is framed so cleverly. One of the things that sometimes gets to me on our show (Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja), is that the boardartist will often draw these super cool shots or poses..but the poses aren't held for long enough. Anime is known for having still images on screen while mouths are flapping, but when the shots look as cool as this...it works really well.

Anyway here are my doodles..in reality I was just watching watching cartoons, but it sounds a hell lot more sophisticated when you call it 'studying'



No comments:

Post a Comment