Sunday, October 26, 2014

Headless Horseman Finished + Step by Step Process

As you could see in my post yesterday, I wanted to go an entirely different direction with this. I might have strayed too far from the topic but at least I like the result more.

PS: I don't know anything about motorcycles, so this might offend the motor enthusiast for lack of research :P


I originally intended it with some text, but I don't think I like it enough to clean it up:



BREAKDOWN

Lineart: I had to keep the lineart fairly sketchy due to time constraints (I only had the evening to do this drawing starting from yesterday's extremely rough thumbnail idea.)


Below a more clean thumbnail image and the rough pencils next to it...well, it's extremely rough but when the clock is ticking you just need to have a bit more confidence that you'll sort out the drawing problems during the pencil stage.


COLOR PROCESS:

Picked a very simple colorset as a base:


I then pick some colors and paint at 50% opacity, The colors I pick will blend with the base color, and I then colorpick the image to paint more detail with the brush at 80-100%. It's a way that works well if you know nothing about color like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment