Saturday, December 27, 2014

Badass women from history - Part 1: Thumbnails & rough

This is for my monthly art-battle at penciljack. I wanted to do an image that you see a lot on covers of fighting games. So I had a quick look at some compositions for street fighter:

In the 3 examples below, the composition falls within a triangle shape, and all the characters flow into one another mainly by following the faces but also assisted by arms and legs.
So I thumbnailed 2 compositions using a triangle composition, I though the second one was the most dynamic so I decided to go with that one.

Roughed out some of the shapes better:

And then a rough pencil, next stage will be clean lines and then color. I also want to change Elizabeth I, she looks a bit dead right now :P

The character line up is: Joan of Arc, Elizabeth I, Tomoe and Boudica.


No comments:

Post a Comment